Sunday, February 6, 2011

Feb 6: first square and other progress

So I decided to start with a 12 in square today. I used the Ad Astra Pattern http://www.yarncrazy.com/ad-astra

here's the yarn and hook

the finished square

and what I did with the leftover yarn, there is a wonderful lady on crochetville that is collecting "yo yos" and turning them into blankets to donate so I'm starting a stash of them to send to her, here are two, and a little bit of yarn leftover to make a magic ball


now other than that I've been working on the blanket I'm making for Miss T.J. here's the pattern Heirloom Baby Blanket probably one of the more complicated projects I've ever undertaken honestly. And here is where I am so far with 7 rounds left to go.


and finally the other new blanket I started, I'm doing a variation of this pattern Mitered Squares Afghan I saw this pattern and decided it was perfect for the leftover yarn from my hubby's blanket. However I am changing it up a bit. I'm making only 4 motifs and making them much larger (though it may still be only a lapghan when it's done). So far the variegated sections are all done (though the last one wasn't when I took this pic)

And here is the rest of the yarn for the blanket, the gray was not in hubby's afghan but I had several skeins and thought it would go well.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

You're so talented! I want to learn how to crochet {and knit}.
Nikki x